Visit regularly for the latest updates each week.

Children are not vessels to be filled but lamps to be lit.
- Swami Chinmayananda
_________________________________________________




May 31 & June 7, 2020 - Grade 1 (Sunday PM )

Hari om everyone,

In the last two classes, we started our class as usual with Om chanting and Sahana vavatu. Next kids led the daily prayers:
Karagre vasate lakshmi - page 11 in My Prayers book
Samudra vasane devi - page 11 in My Prayers book
Gange cha Yamune chaiva - page 11 in My Prayers book
Saraswathi namastubhyam - page 12 in My Prayers book
Brahmarpanam brahma havih - page 12 in My Prayers book
Subham karothi kalyanam - page 12 in My Prayers book
Srirama rama ramethi - page 129 in My Prayers book
Akhanda mandala karam - page 61 in My Prayers book
Ajnana timirandhasya - page 61 in My Prayers book
Gurur Brahma gurur vishnuh - page 61 in My Prayers book
Tvameva maathacha - page 62 in My Prayers book

Please encourage the kids to practice all the slokas as daily routine. All the kids are very familiar with the slokas by now. 
Since we successfully completed the Balaramayan story, we showed the movie 'Ramayan' as a review and we played a quizlet. We are very impressed that kids answered the questions with ease. Kids were very curious to listen to the story throughout the year. Since they will learn about 'Hanuman' next year, we watched a part of the movie 'Hanuman'.

Activities:
Balaramayan coloring book - Please encourage the kids to color at home if anyone not yet finished.Please ask the story while they were coloring because each page is exactly related to what they learned in the class.
Likhita Japa - Please help the kids to write 'Sri Rama' likhita japa whenever they are free. It definitely improves the concentration of their little brains.
Bhajans - They learned 'Athma rama anandaramana' - (page 141 in My prayers book), 'Khate bhi rama kaho' - (page 145 in My Prayers book) and, ' Atma nivasi rama' (page 149 in My Prayers book). In last class, we were surprised that a child asked to lead the bhajan herself. We were very happy to see the enthusiasm in the kids.

This year was very challenging and we thank you for your support. We had a wonderful time teaching the kids. They were a group of enthusiastic and curious learners. We hope kids continue to embody Sri rama and remember his characteristics.

Have a safe summer, stay healthy and have fun !
             

Thanks,
Sailatha & Sita